The concert last night was a resounding success and much enjoyed by choir and audience. The rugby club was full to bursting with an audience of about 150. Including the encore we sang 19 songs and surprisingly I was able to join in with most of them. A couple of times I had to mime and for the Czech song I stuck the words onto the back of the lady in front of me. I couldn't see them clearly as she was too close to me but they gave me enough of an idea. Hopefully by the time we do another concert I'll have learnt the words.
The chap with the bald head (bottom right) is a choir member who had a sore throat. He chatted to Peter sitting to his right (out of shot) and I think Peter is ready to give the choir a try when we start up again after the Easter holidays. Here is a link to a video somebody posted on FB. (Not sure if it can be opened by people not members of the group page.) Not the best sound quality but it gives an idea of the enthusiasm the singing generates. I was standing right at the back hidden behind everyone else. I had gone along earlier to help with the setting up and by the time we got home I'd been on my feet for over 4 hours. No wonder I felt tired but it was worth it.
I woke early with a headache, took my usual morning painkiller then woke up 2 hours later with a really bad head. Nothing for it but to take my other strong painkillers which did the trick. Our builder friend came round to put the edging strip on the bathroom counter top and make some boxing to cover the pipes to the towel rail. He left me with instructions to paint the exposed copper pipes before he comes back to put a sealant around the joins.
I planned to have a quiet day doing general tidying in the house but after sorting out the kitchen and dinning room I found myself back outside. I hoped to finish weeding the small flower bed under the bush rose but it took longer than I thought. This was due to yet another bucketful of bindweed roots and a large bramble growing right next to the rose which all had to be removed. It was a matter of digging carefully around the rose roots but making sure to go deep enough to get all the bindweed out. I found the rose's label which after scrubbing revealed it to be Sweet Juliet a 'fragrant English shrub rose'.