Much rejoicing this morning when we woke to find the rayburn still burning properly. Peter's knees are not good not to mention the cuts on his hands from working in a confined space. No wonder our fancy model is the most disliked by rayburn engineers.
The day started with light rain so I read through the 9 attachments to a pre-term school email that arrived last week. One thing I spotted is that although I was told on the last afternoon that I would be doing the same as last year it is the same 3 afternoons but I'll be teaching a Year 1 class on Mondays and the same Reception class on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. I hope the music planning I did is still relevant. I also used an anti-mold spray around the edges of our bedroom ceiling as I had noticed a slight greyness there due to damp.
Once things cleared up in the afternoon I was back in the hens' run. I took a chance and used a fork to speed up the digging. I hope to reach the far corner of the run by the weekend, that's if it stays dry, and then I can start planting in that section.
A Red Admiral butterfly on a white buddlia bush.