Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 August 2015

Cool.

The day started cold and wet. We'd been promised sunshine and showers but it was more like heavy rain and light rain. The afternoon was mainly dry with a very occasional glimpse of the sun.
The house seemed very quiet today with our visitors gone. I'll just have to go back to talking to the cats. (Peter and I do talk but during the day we're usually working in different parts of the house and garden.) My first job of the day was to give the porch walls another coat of paint.
Then I tackled the task of cutting a board to cover the gable above the front door. Years ago, when we dismantled Vytas' cabin bed, I kept the large piece of chipboard that made up the base. I was sure I would find a use for it one day. I measured carefully, made templates and still I had to make a few adjustments before it would sit on the brick/concrete/wood lintel. I painted the back to seal it against the damp and nailed on some strips of wood over the large ventilation  holes in the chipboard. When the paint was dry I put the board in place intending to screw it to the wooden lintel but it was such a snug fit it didn't need the screws. When I board over the rafters the boards will also keep the gable end secure. Once it was all up I filled all the holes with filler and tomorrow it should be ready to paint.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The house always seems too quiet when guests leave.
Beautiful pictures.