Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 August 2015

Deluge.

We woke this morning to torrential rain. The gutter over one of the bedroom windows has a slight dip (it's very difficult to reach as it's over the conservatory) and it was like a waterfall going past the window. As soon as Peter left for work I put on waterproofs to check all my flood defenses were in good order. After a little reinforcing of the dam I went back to bed knowing there was nothing to worry about. It rained heavily for most of the morning during which time I mixed up filler and filled in all the gaps between the ceiling boards in the porch. Having decided what wood I needed to finish the job I drove to town to buy supplies. As I got into town the rain stopped, the sun came out and by the time I got to B&Q and Tesco's it was positively sweltering.
Heading back home it was a lot cooler. I know it's an invasive pest but the Himalayan balsam along the drive looks really nice. The bees appreciate it too.

I put up the wood on the porch ceiling measuring each piece several times so that there were no mistakes. I did a little more filling of the gaps but there is quite a bit to do so I left the rest until tomorrow.

No comments: