Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 August 2015

Wet.

Today has been a mixture of light rain and heavy rain. Not a good day to work outside. Instead I made a start on the second 'house' job I had planned for this summer. That is to refurbish the corridor outside Peter's study. Some years back there was a leaking pipe in the old attic above resulting in a stained and damaged ceiling and the light stopped working. I sealed off the corridor with plastic sheeting taped to the walls to contain the dust and managed to scrape off about 2/3s of the artex from the ceiling. It was a hard and extremely hot job. I felt like I was in a sauna and the sweat was pouring off my back! Unfortunately the last third of the ceiling seems to have had the artex done over wallpaper and doesn't come off so I think I'll have to leave that bit textured. 

No comments: