Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Wet.

Another day that began with heavy rain. It didn't take long to go over the water stains in the corridor so I busied myself going through my school folders seeing what else could be thrown away. We are back to work next week but so far all I know is I may be teaching music to the Year 1 children.  
In between showers I went out and did some cutting back of the alchemilla which was wet and had flopped down over the paving, and dead headed the buddlias. After a break for lunch I put on my old waterproof coat and went to work  in the hens' run. I pretended it wasn't raining and only went back inside when some soil flicked into my eye. A change into dry clothing and my eye seen to I was back out in the mud grubbing up roots. I achieved my main objective which was to remove all the unwanted saplings. I've nearly finished moving shrubs to the boundary fence and as I worked I planned which other plants I shall be moving there. I just want to fill up the space so I'll be choosing plants that grow quickly and don't need special care.
The next heavy shower sent me back indoors where I continued with sorting out my paperwork before painting a second coat of stain stop. 
A Large White butterfly.
Taking a break in the sitting room I could hear the wind whistling round the corners and down the chimney. Very autumnal.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love the view of your house and garden. I know you work hard at making it so pretty.