Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 August 2015

Chilly.

The sun shining through the montbretia really cheered up what was quite a cool autumnal morning.  
We had a lovely time yesterday with our visitors. Gemma had lived with us for a while but Phil had never been here  and I love showing people around the garden. I like being able to share my plants and they took home some different varieties of buddlia and an assortment of small sedums which will be planted on the grass roof of their cabin (not the buddlia). The chicken in cream with mushrooms turned out okay. I sort of followed a recipe but where it said season to taste I added garlic and coriander to give it bit of oomph. The lemon cupcakes were a success so I'll use that recipe for the wedding cupcakes. We spent the evening playing a game of scrabble and surprisingly, as we haven't played for a very long time, I won. Mostly down to lucky tiles.
This morning I fitted a brush draught excluder to the bottom of the front door then spent quite a long time adding a piece of wood to the door frame at the side. The door frame had been badly done originally and the gap along the side was so wide in places that the door catch hardly went into the frame. Not only did I have to carefully cut 2 holes in the new piece of wood to take the door latches but it had to be thinned down at the ends as the gap was not even all the way along. That's been done and a first coat of paint applied.
The afternoon was sunnier but still cool under the clouds. I sat outside and repaired a pair of Peter's favourite trousers that had got torn on a nail. After that I took my book up to the scree garden and caught the last of the afternoon sun. 

No comments: