Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 August 2015

Wet.

Cold, wet and grey today. The low clouds made it very dark this morning and even now at 2.00 I have the lights on. I'm blogging early today as some friends are coming over this afternoon. Peter had hoped to do a barbecue but it's far too wet.
This morning I hung the curtains back up over the inner porch door and had a general tidy up. I made buttercream and iced some cupcakes I baked yesterday. The dip in the top of each cupcake is perfect for filling with some lemon curd before piping the buttercream on top. The tartness of the lemon cuts nicely through the sweetness of the butter cream. 
Must go now and finish prepping for tonight's dinner of chicken in a cream & mushroom sauce.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Dark days are so dreary lovely that you have company coming to lift the dismal day.

happyone said...

Sounds delicious. Hope all went well. : )