Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 August 2015

Windy.

After a few heavy showers in the morning it has been a bright and breezy day. First of all I applied one more coat of stain stop and washed down the walls in the corridor. I don't know if I really could see the watermark anymore or if I was imagining it but I gave it one more coat just in case. Once the rain had stopped I was back out grubbing about in the soil digging out those horrible nettle roots. Once I find one of those big roots I can't leave it even if we hope to be gone in a year or so  but I have to dig down and follow it right to the fence. If it wasn't for the shade of the trees that lovely deep soil would now be perfect for growing vegetables.
 A Red Admiral.
I stopped my muddy work half-way through the afternoon and actually took some time to sit out and read in the sun. The sound of the wind blowing through the trees is so soothing. However there was still work to do so back inside I went and painted the first coat of paint on the corridor walls and ceiling. I so don't like those artexed walls, not only do they look tacky but they are dust traps and a pain to paint. Hopefully they will only need one more coat as they were already painted white.
 A Gatekeeper.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely butterflies and thanks for identifying them. The past two days, I've a humming bird visit looking for food. Unfortunately, I've cut most of the flowers down so this morning I put out the feeder. I know these jewels are on their way south and west so I hope they use the feeder to help them on their way.

Ruta M. said...

It would be amazing to have hummingbirds in the garden. There haven't been so many butterflies this year because of the wet weather but the sedums are just starting to flower and they are usually covered with butterflies and bees.