Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 August 2015

Wet.


Another wet and windy day. I had an early appointment at the dentists', yet another fitting for my plate. Afterwards I drove over to B&Q for a tin of stain stop paint and also called in at Tesco's. There I bought some autumn flowering violas and pansies, reduced of course. The surfinias in the hanging baskets are beginning to be past their best and the pink ones in particular are almost over. I threw out any of the pink surfinias that were done and squeezed in the white and purple violas and pansies. I was very tempted by the cheery yellow ones but they would have clashed horribly with the rest of the surfinias. Then I called in at the carpet remnant place and managed to find a carpet piece to replace the frankly dilapidated and dangerous carpet in the upstairs corridor. It was almost the same colour and big enough that I can do the steps up from the landing all in the same piece. For those 2 steps I had to get a 6ft 6ins wide piece instead of a 3ft wide piece. 
During the afternoon the florist turned up with a beautiful bouquet of blue and yellow flowers from Vytas. They cheered the kitchen up on what was quite a gloomy day. 
I used up the last of my gloss paint on the woodwork upstairs and painted 2 coats of stain-stop on the water stains on the ceiling and wall. It was too wet to work outside so I did some sewing of the tops that I am altering.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to get caught up reading your blog again. I'd fallen behind on blog reading.
A very Happy Birthday to you. Glad you got your cake. Sounds delicious.