Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 August 2015

Overcast.

It didn't take long to put a coat of gloss paint on the bits of wood in the porch so I thought it would be a good day for a 'one day job'. My goal was to make a cover for the pump housing that sits in the yard. (It pumps air into the waste tank.)  That's a job I had been planning to do for a long time.
There were 2 reasons why I wanted to make a cover. The first was though the pump has been there through snow and frost without any problems for about 15 years it might concern prospective buyers seeing the sticker that says do not leave outside. The second reason was that the pump makes a continuous buzz which I find quite annoying when I'm outside and I can still hear it in the kitchen if the front door is open which it usually is. Peter says he can't hear it in the kitchen then claims his hearing is better than mine!
I made plans, measured and measured again but I still went wrong a number of times and it took me all afternoon. However it did get done and the materials used were; an old desk top I had saved after taking the rest of it to the dump, the feather boarding left over from boarding up the back door and a few scraps of wood from around the place. The fake dog kennel looks a lot better so that's the first aim achieved. The roof section lifts off for easy access. I put a load of carpet pieces on top of the pump but it hasn't make much difference to the noise. I'm thinking either polystyrene packaging or some loft insulation might work better. 


No comments: