Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 August 2015

Sunny.

I woke to a bright sunny day with a distinctly autumnal chill in the air. I rose full of energy and had painted the walls and ceiling of the corridor and done my daily household jobs by 9.00.  Then I headed into town to meet up with 2 friends for coffee and cheesecake at Lindsay's.  We had a great time catching up on all our summer news and generally putting the world to rights. And I was given this lovely bunch of flowers.

(On my way to Lindsay's from the High Street I took the lane by the church and inadvertently passed a gathering of people there for a funeral with the old fashioned hearse drawn by 2 black plumed horses.) 
I had parked in the all day car park again so was able to take my time checking out the charity shops and the ever present sales.
In the Oxfam shop I found this boho  dress which I bought for £9. Expensive but then Oxfam always is and at least the money is going to a good cause.
Vytas and Sally gave me a Middle Earth map last Christmas since when I have been keeping an eye out for a decent frame. I had only gone into Cargo to quickly check out their sale when I saw they had some frames. This was the only one marked down to £5 and behind it the same size frames were marked £15. I asked if the price was correct and was told it was. No it wasn't damaged but the ones behind had gold coloured frames instead of bronze coloured and their computer said it was only £5. Needless to say I bought it. 
After my town visit at home the grass was finally dry and I was able to get all the lawns cut. The beekeeper's veil came in  very handy keeping those horrible flies off my face.
Seeing as it was sunny after so many rainy days Peter and I decided to go to Barricane Beach for a Sri Lankan curry.  It was high tide so the beach was quite crowded but Peter managed to get a seat at one of the picnic tables. As ever the food was delicious. We shared our table for a while with a couple who had just returned from a holiday in Sri Lanka and they said the was as good as any they had had out there. We had a little walk on the sand and then chatted to the mother of one of the children I teach before heading back home. 
Just time to put another coat of paint on the corridor ceiling and that's a busy day over. Only half past eight and it's nearly dark. The nights are now drawing in and it's still August. How time flies.

No comments: