Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Stormy.

It was very autumnal this morning, strong winds and the rain lashing down. Luckily the rain stopped long enough for me to rush out and dig up a plant I had promised a friend. For this morning I was meeting my friends for coffee and cake (or in my case tea and cake) at the garden centre. It was more or less the same crowd as last night though of the 8 of us this morning only 3 of us still work at the same school. The reason we had both gatherings so close together was that this is one week we were all around. Some people went on holiday last week and others are off next week. Fun as it was last night it did get quite noisy in the restaurant so there was still plenty of catching up to do. Somebody spotted another ex-member of staff and her husband having coffee on the other side of the restaurant so our group called out Good Morning Mrs T***** in that sing-song way children at school say good morning in assembly. That got us a few strange looks. Afterwards we strolled slowly back through the shop area which is full of lovely but very expensive stuff. At one point some of us were still chatting as we looked at the tempting goods while on the other side of the shop a couple of our gang were trying out the sun loungers in a boisterous fashion. (Most of us are around 60 ish!)
After a morning of chat the rain had eased off so I went into town to change my library books and check out the charity shops. It rained a little and was warm and humid. Unlike at home where it was just cold and wet. I went into Lidl's and found these in the frozen section. I bought them to try though I doubt if they'll be as nice as my Lithuanian version home-made ones.
Back home I painted the final coat of paint on the porch walls and my day is done. Peter returns to work tomorrow so we'll be back to early nights once more.
PS. A small piece of bone made its way out of the swelling on my gum last night (not unusual with extractions) and the swelling has gone right down. I didn't think it was due to trapped food. 

No comments: