Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Cool Morning, Warm Afternoon.

The day started off cold and damp, by the afternoon there were patches of blue sky between the clouds and it felt pleasantly warm. 
The porch ceiling is now ready to paint. Today I filled in all the rest of the gaps and mixed up some cement to finish off the messy brickwork at the front. My custom curtain rail, a copper pipe, has been shortened so it fits under the new ceiling and the rust(y)ic hooks for the rod have been screwed back into the beams. Let the final painting commence. 
I took a long afternoon break to enjoy the sunshine and the peace of the valley.
Me and my shadow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful. When I think of an English garden yours come to mind. I love it.