Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 August 2015

Warm.

It's been a warm day, overcast with very little wind. My first job was to give the corridor ceiling a final coat of paint and then because it looked so yellow against the newly painted door frame, I gave Peter's study door a coat of gloss. Although that section of the corridor was in an exceptionally poor state I can see that I'll be continuing to freshen up all the rest of the corridor as my next project. 
My afternoon was spent outside working in the hens' run. First I put in some plants in the tucked away corner beside the shed where the compost heap has been relocated too. I planted a vigorous, scrambling hardy geranium (above) as well as some Gardeners' Gaiters (a stripy grass) and some mind your own business
Then it was back to digging out nettle roots. I seem to have been stuck on a nasty patch for a while but hopefully tomorrow things will progress a bit faster. 
After gardening I had some time relaxing and reading. No wind today but it is surprising just how much noise 2 small streams make. 
 A Small Tortoiseshell butterfly.
A Club-Tailed dragonfly.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your dragon fly photo is excellent. Good for you to have found "bargains"....fun to look and much more fun to find a treasure. The blue dress is very good. The color is wonderful.