Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 August 2015

Success.

Much rejoicing this morning when we woke to find the rayburn still burning properly. Peter's knees are not good not to mention the cuts on his hands from working in a confined space. No wonder our fancy model is the most disliked by rayburn engineers.
The day started with light rain so I read through the 9 attachments to a pre-term school email that arrived last week. One thing I spotted is that although I was told on the last afternoon that I would be doing the same as last year it is the same 3 afternoons but I'll be teaching a Year 1 class on Mondays and the same Reception class on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. I hope the music planning I did is still relevant.  I also used an anti-mold spray around the edges of our bedroom ceiling as I had noticed a slight greyness there due to damp.
Once things cleared up in the afternoon I was back in the hens' run. I took a chance and used a fork to speed up the  digging. I hope to reach the far corner of the run by the weekend, that's if it stays dry, and then I can start planting in that section.
 A Red Admiral butterfly on a white buddlia bush.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Excellent photo of the butterfly. I must report I have put away the Humming bird feeder. The little jewel is still in the neighborhood; however, the yellow jackets are out in force and took a great liking to the sugar water. My neighbor told a Hummer has been in their yard enjoying their Liatris. Glad someone has something for it to fed on. Good news on your Rayburn.