Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Sunny.

Another fine day, tempting as it was to sit out in the sun garden work called.  
There were a few more branches to cut back and then for the rest of the day I've down on my knees digging out weeds and roots. Even if my back did allow me to use a garden fork it wouldn't have been much use due to the tree roots in the soil. Digging down as best I could I came across the most enormous nettle roots some the size of my little finger. No wonder the stinging nettles kept coming back. The bee veil came in handy keeping those pesky flies away from my face.  My goal, which I managed to achieve, was to clear the soil along the boundary and transplant the shrubs that had been planted by the old netting fence of the hen run. Both the rubus and the spirea are tough as old boots and good spreaders so they should survive or at least most of them. The plan is simply to tidy up the area using spare plants from around the garden.


No comments: