Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 August 2015

More Rain.

Yet another day of rain. With nothing to do in the porch until the boards arrive I took my paint brush out to the conservatory. Actually it was a different brush because the beams needed to be painted black. I would not normally paint oak beams but the extent of the repairs means that they could not be left as they were. I had bought some one-coat tile paint and it was just like painting with a tin of treacle so thick was the paint. I expect it will take more than a few days to dry in this damp atmosphere.
Later in the morning I was looking out of the kitchen window when I saw first Speedy then Squeaky running back to the house at full speed pursued by my neighbours' dogs. I don't think Fred the Dalmatian and Neville the terrier would have harmed the cats as they live with cats but you never can tell when a chase is on. I think my loud OY! was heard right up the valley and the 2 dogs ran off our land pretty fast. 
I did a lot of little jobs around the place including making a handle for this flat bottomed plastic basket so that should we ever have any fine weather, I can carry all the things I need for a little r&r in the garden.

No comments: