Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 July 2015

Sunny.

Good news, the sparrow family were chirping away this morning. It all went quiet later on so I guess the young have left the nest. I wouldn't be surprised if the sparrows lay a third set of eggs.
Hooray, the sun was shining again today. Sam and Kate left late morning having for once had a week of fairly decent weather for their summer visit. That was my cue to get back to working on the porch. I repaired a section of the floor using the rest of that tub of cement, cleaned away years of dust and gave the other side of the porch its first coat of paint.
Then it was time to mow the lawns. Taking a break did help deter those infernal flies. 
Although it was lovely and sunny I had to go indoors to iron the bedding that had been washed and dried on the line. I was half way through the ironing when Peter rang to say his car was still in the garage and could I come and collect him. On the way I stopped at the Co-Op again and then filled the car up at the petrol station.  
Back home I finished the ironing, made the bed and my day is done. Now I can relax.

No comments: