Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 July 2015

Stormy.

I came downstairs last night (to get my tooth whitening stuff out of the fridge) and found this  very large Elephant Hawkmoth on the kitchen window sill. Once I'd taken some photos I let it go outside.
Yesterday I got an email from my friends letting me know what time they would be arriving today. This was a bit of a surprise to me as I was expecting them next month. It was entirely my mistake as we'd made the arrangements at the beginning of the year so that holidays could be booked. Later I must have pulled up their email from last year where they said they would be arriving on the 27th of August. Luckily the house was tidy with the spare rooms already made up and Peter was able to swap his holiday to  this week. The weather is pretty dire, wet and windy and quite cool. Last night the weather report kept saying it was 'autumnal'. It's not even August, surely the summer isn't over already.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The petunia's are so pretty. Hope you had a good time with your visitors. Pays to keep a clean house. : )