Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Windy.

We had quite a few heavy rain showers this morning so thought it best not to head out for a walk by the sea. Instead (cunning plan you see) we worked outside in the garden (it had stopped raining by then). Kate picked an enormous bowl of blackcurrants which are in the freezer for the moment but she'll take them home as I've still got frozen blackcurrant puree from last year. 
And Sam set to work clearing the waist high weeds growing in the old chickens' run.  Sorting out all that is on my list for this summer but I wanted to get the house jobs done first. This is a great start and hopefully I'll get it done by the end of the summer. Today I also pulled weeds and worked on removing the wire fence. I'd already taken one side down a while back and today I cleared all the fence from the end. The side fence was done a bit too well as I had dug the bottom of the netting into the soil, so it will be a hard job to remove. Instead I'm taking the easy way and cutting the netting above ground level. That's a lot of wire snipping but easier than digging down. Then once I've cleared the weeds on both sides I can take my time to dig out the last bit, or hide it in the soil.

The buddlias are coming into flower so hopefully we should see lots of butterflies soon. I cut the bushes back in the autumn but never got round to doing a harder pruning in the spring so they are all a bit too large. Better not forget next year.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Enjoy your company in your corner of serenity.