Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 July 2015

Rain.

It has been a very wet day today. Heavy rain for most of the time with occasional spells of lighter rain and maybe a couple of moments of no rain at all.
All I've done today job wise is to paint another coat of white emulsion on the porch wall and fix the gap where I pulled out the metal strip. During my clear out of the porch I came across a tub of quick setting dry cement which was exactly what I needed to fill the messy gap. I also took the cables that came with the last 2 hover lawn mowers and stored them up in the scree garden outbuilding. That's enough DIY for a wet Sunday.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

We in southeast Michigan are in desperate need of rain. At present...hot, hot, hot.
I recognize Hydrangea and perhaps currents....it's the final "greens" that I don't recognize.

Ruta M. said...

The first 'green' is the newly emerging flower head of a lace-cap hydrangea and the final photo is a close up of santolina flowers each pom-pom is about the size of a thumb nail. We've got far too much rain and we may have lost the summer already.