Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 July 2015

Dry.

No rain at all today and quite a few moments of proper sun. This morning I painted the porch wall with undercoat. It's surprising what a difference a coat of paint makes. But now I'm rethinking the porch altogether. I'm sure I can find places to put a lot of the stuff that used to live in there so that it becomes a smarter more welcoming entrance. I'll have to put in a ceiling too. Tongue and groove planks are more expensive than plasterboard but as I absolutely can't plaster to take that option we'd have to get a plasterer in. So I'm guessing boards unless something else inspires me at B&Q. 
Then it was time to mow the grass. I had to take a break half-way, not because I was worn out but to escape the flies. Even though I was covered from head to toe it felt like I had a swarm of them around my head. Beekeeper's hat perhaps? 
I love my little bits of wildflower meadow down by the pond. It's filled with grasshoppers chirping away and it only takes a few moments standing and watching to spot all sorts of wildlife.
As the sun has been a bit elusive recently I did allocate a couple of hours as 'holiday time' after all that mowing. The cats usually come and join me when I sit down outside. They are like children in that they all want to sit on my lap, if they don't get there first they sit nearby casting soulful looks before giving up and going to sleep by my feet. Later I did a bit of weeding that had cought my eye when I was mowing.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Plastering is a bit tricky. There is certainly a knack to it.
Your photos are beautiful as usual.