Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 July 2015

Dark Clouds.

I took a chance and did a load of washing this morning. It didn't make it out onto the line as although it was dry there was very little wind. Instead it's been hanging over the rayburn.
After painting the tiles once more and putting a coat of gloss on the inside kitchen doors I sat outside to finish hemming the second of the long door curtains for the porch. Speedy joined me and once again made himself comfortable on the curtain. While the sun was shining it felt quite hot but dark clouds filled most of the sky.  I ignored the first few raindrops but when some more fell I took myself and the curtain inside. By which time the rain stopped so back out I went.
Once the second curtain was hung I made a pair of snazzy tie-backs with some gleaming white rope that I found. Then I began to have a sort out of all the stuff that had collected in the porch. Ours is more of  a farmhouse porch with bow saws, safety helmets, gardening tools and wellington boots. Let's just say that it is a lot emptier now and my car is filled with a load for the dump. Still to go in the car is the assortment of useless stuff I found at the back of the house.
And that was my day. No time for gardening apart from pulling a handful or two of weeds each time I go up to the compost heap or the scree garden. The scree garden needs a lot of work but I want to get the boring house stuff done first. 

No comments: