Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 July 2015

Wet.

Nothing but rain today with no sign of the sun. I was up at 5.30 this morning to drive Romas and Laura to Tiverton train station. With nice empty roads we got there with 25 mins to spare which is the kind of margin I like. Once their train arrived I headed back down the Link Road. I stopped at the Tesco's in town but despite being supposedly open 24/7 it didn't open until 9.30. That's the UK Sunday trading laws for you.
The rain got steadily worse so we abandoned our plan to have a morning walk by the sea which was a shame for Sally and Vytas. It would have been too wet to even get out of the car. Sally and Vytas had only been gone about 5 mins when I noticed Sally's glasses on the cupboard. I tired ringing them but only got the answer phone so I left a message on Facebook. Sally picked that up a little while later and they returned to collect the glasses. I haven't done much at all this afternoon and the rain is making me feel very sleepy, plus the 4 hours of sleep I had last night.
I love that mother hen feeling |I get when I go to bed knowing all my family are safely gathered under one roof but now it's just the 2 of us in the house once more. 

No comments: