Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Sun At Last.

I woke this morning to yet more grey skies but a few hours later it warmed up and the sun finally made an appearance. My first job of the morning was to tidy up the hanging baskets which were looking rather sorry for themselves. While the family were here I'd been too busy to do my usual daily deadheading and and for the last couple of days it has been too wet to spend even 10 mins outside. The light lavender surfinias were the worst. They seem to be more delicate than the pink ones and start to brown at the edges almost before they have fully opened. I'm thinking about swapping the baskets around so the lighter surfinias aren't at the top in full sun. The inside of the front door wasn't ready for another coat of paint so I taped over the outside of the glass panes and painted the top of the outside of the front door. 
I had a pleasant afternoon at school with the Year One classes. This is my last afternoon of proper teaching for this year. We and the parents had originally been told that the term ended this Friday but there was some sort of mix up and now we have to go in on Monday. Some children will already be off on holiday especially as both the junior school and the secondary school finish on Friday. So we aren't expecting all the children to turn up. It's going to be a non-uniform fun day as the teachers get things ready for next September.



No comments: