Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 May 2018

Sunny.

Still sunny so most of my day was spent outside. While Peter went out to take stuff to the dump and buy yet more bags of compost I was painting, sawing and drilling.  
I had some white masonry paint left over from Dingles so I used that to paint a couple of base coats on the bare concrete blocks before giving them a coat with the correct colour which is Gardenia. I got all the wood measured and cut for the last box which will hold more pots. The planter along the side wall is almost finished too.
I got diverted from building the planters by having to deal with cat problems. The main problem is that they had been using my neighbours' newly cleared plant bed as a toilet. Previously I had given my neighbour lots of holly sprigs to put on any bare earth in her front garden to deter the cats and offered as much more as she needed. She had forgotten about this and laid compost in a small circular bed with only 2 flowers in. I took away the offending mess and handed over more holly. I had noticed that the cats weren't using their litter box recently so for the moment the cats have had their evening strolls curtailed. Their litter tray is now outside but in the dog crate with the door closed. Because the cat flap wouldn't open with the crate right up against the wall I had to made a wooden tunnel from the cat flap to the crate. I'm not intending this to be a permanent feature but at least they won't be a nuisance next door for a while.
It was such a lovely evening that I didn't realise how late it was until Peter came out to tell me it was long after 6.00. My plants will have to wait until tomorrow to be planted out. I'm looking forward to having a good sort out and then getting rid of the last of the old decking. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Time seems to fly even faster when busy outside.