Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 November 2019

Cold.

It has turned very cold with frequent wintry showers, including hail. I had a morning appointment at the dentist's to build up the lower edge of one of my top central incisors. The edge had been feeling quite sharp and I could feel a groove behind it so I thought I should protect the tooth before anything breaks off. It was a painless visit apart from the odd thump in the back as either the dentist or her assistants bumped into the back of the chair. I called in at the nearby Lidl's to pick up more fresh veg; red peppers, celery and red onions plus a mango for a treat. It was oh so hard to walk past the Christmas goodies but I did it. Walking out of the shop I saw that I had missed a heavy shower and though the car got hit by hail on the way home I had a safe run from the garage to the house before the next lot of rain fell.
After that it was time to carry on sewing and I finished adding fabric and elastic to fit the cover over one arm cushion.
In between showers I went out into the back garden and picked the quinces from the Japonica. I'm not intending to cook them myself but somebody on the Just-don't-bin-it site was looking for quinces and is coming to collect them tomorrow.


1 comment:

happyone said...

We are supposed to be getting some wintry weather over night. Hard to believe though because right now it is clear and pretty warm.

There are bears around here but they run away from people. Not to worry if you don't have food or get near the cubs.