Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 October 2020

Sunny.

Calm seas and plenty of sun today.
Yesterday's cleaning took more of a toll on my knee than I thought so today I decided to do some proper gardening (as opposed to chop and fill bin bags) which I could mainly do sitting down. Just before we left the house on moving day I grabbed handfuls of rockery plants, London Pride and saxifrages, and stuffed them into a carrier bag. Once we'd moved I promptly forgot about them and they've spent the last three weeks in the bag. My work today was to thoroughly weed the small raised bed, rescue a few bulbs and some snow-in-summer and plant the surviving rockery plants around the edges. The London Pride which originally came from our London home, maybe even my mother's house before that, looks fine while the saxifrages may or may not grow. With brambles, grass and mind-your own-business to get rid of I filled two bags from the raised bed and the pebbled area behind.  The myob grows all over the garden. A fun name and a pretty plant but I think it's the sort of plant which will grow from any of the creeping stems so every time I spotted a flash of green in the soil I had to stop and pick them out. To keep them safe and to stop Speedy from using the raised bed as a deluxe cat loo I put my pots of plants on top of the soil and behind on the pebbles area. The bold robin was my constant companion as I worked.

Gardening done Peter and I went out for a walk along the beach. Not many people around even though it is a weekend. There was one chap who was picking up plastic rubbish which was very good of him.



It doesn't show in the photos but the drops of water in the sea foam sparkled in the sunlight.

 

1 comment:

lea said...

I had to look up what MYOB plant is, more commonly called baby's tears here and they do spread. I think London pride will survive just about anything.