Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 May 2022

Grey.

Quite grey today with some light rain which caused me to run and bring in the washing which having been hung up early was already half dry. The rain proper set in towards the evening.
I woke early and had done my Welsh, cycled and hung up the washing before breakfast.
While the air plants were having their weekly swim I changed the plants above them around as the trailing plant was growing down over the wood.
My job for today was to tidy up the space between the house and the road and on the other side of the front door. The other day I lent some of the big troughs to the Community hub to put some plants in while they are having their asphalt replaced and that spurred me into doing something about the weeds growing in the pebbles and troughs. I worked my way along with three buckets, one for weeds, one for the bits of rubble left by various builders and a third for rubbish. I still need to remove the soil that fell out of the troughs which used to run the whole length of the street wall. (I'm reinstating the troughs but on pillars made from bricks or concrete blocks rather than on wood which will eventually rot.) That done I used the flat bed trolley to move some spare long decorative concrete blocks down to the front gate where I rebuilt the little wall the builder took down. (I did say he could.)
This morning I was shocked to hear (R4/ The Independant) that six NHS trusts now have food banks or food vouchers for their staff. A dreadful sign of the times when health workers can't afford to buy food. Let's hope they don't follow the advice of a government minister that people who are struggling financially should either work more hours or find a better paid job.

 

No comments: