It was still raining this morning though the water butts don't have much water in them yet. The rain soon stopped giving us a grey day with the sun only breaking through towards evening.
It has definitely not been a day for painting so I can't cross that job off my list yet. Instead I did some small jobs around the place including hanging a small picture in the bedroom. That job might not have got done if I hadn't come across some picture wire I bought last year. The sooner I sort the garage the better.
Then I had a relaxing time deciphering a crochet pattern for a tiny sleeping dragon. I don't normally crochet with a pattern so to be on the safe side I'm having an initial go with double knit wool rather than the embroidery thread the pattern calls for. So far I've mastered the 'magic ring' and made the head and one ear.
And now for a few photos from yesterday's walk around the nature reserve-
It was so peaceful with the only sound (apart from the ever present high pitched tinnitus) being the low hum of bees in the heather. Borth could be seen in the far distance but though I could see our neighbour's house our place was hidden by the spire of the church.
Suddenly in flew some geese heading for the open water,
while at my feet a tiny damsel fly clung to a grass stem. The pale colour is due to it being newly hatched.
As I picked blackberries swallows darted about overhead. They are not easy to photograph.
No comments:
Post a Comment