After a wet start to the day it got marginally drier with light showers every now and again.
Yesterday Pete had got a message saying that the local pharmacy would be doing 'flu jabs. This was opportune as although we had been sent appointments for our jabs on the mass vaccination day in the Hall we will be away on that day. Pete rang the pharmacy straight away and and arranged for us to go in today.
But when I walked down (Pete decided the threat of rain was enough to postpone) I was informed they wouldn't be doing 'flu jabs until October. Still, I got to have a walk on the beach and surprise, surprise not a drop of rain fell.
Back home I baked another Bara Brith and then carried on with the garage sort out including washing some hanging baskets which I will take to the Climate Shop on Friday. It's far too windy here for hanging baskets and they're just one more thing to water.
It wasn't until late in the afternoon that the postman brought the black screws I needed to finish the door of the recycling store. And at last it is done. I quite like seeing that it is made with reclaimed wood including posts made from a gatepost that was in the garden. Looking at the photo the black paint behind the lettering on the middle bar makes it look as if there is a big hole in the door but there isn't. I used a gate latch so that the dustmen only have to give the door a push for it to catch and stay shut. Two of the pallets I used came with heavy duty polythene on one side which I left in place to keep the rain out.
This is the ornament I hung yesterday. The words read 'You, me and the sea.' quite appropriate for this house.
Off soon to choir.
No comments:
Post a Comment