Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 June 2021

Sunny.

Lots of sun again today. The sun always fills me with energy and this morning I went on a real cleaning spree. Not only did I fly through the usual daily routine but I then moved on to mopping floors. I thought it would be a good day to wash the door mats but I needed to hoover them first and of course if I'd got the hoover out then I might as well hoover the carpet and rugs in our besdroom. Now our bedroom smells of the dried herbs I put in the hoover bag each time I empty it out.
With the cleaning done I finally got round to straightening out the bent Venetian blinds. The white one, (below) was in bad shape being bent in two places but it should still work. The other one which is cream only had a small ding which I more or less got out with a bit of bending and bashing. I've put them up on the local free page as they might be good for somebody. Yesterday I'd advertised the rolls of window film that I'd decided not to use in my study and a lady came for them today. I'm so glad when people can use things I no longer need.
Indoor jobs done I headed out to the back garden. Fetched more buckets, okay half buckets 'cos they were heavy, of gravel and heaved them into the raised bed. Once that was done and the compost replaced I had the fun job of planting up the raised bed. I put in the blue passionflower for the trellis with the winter flowering jasmine for some winter colour if it survives. The other plants will probably be moved again but they should be happier there than being neglected in the front garden.
After all that there was still time to sit out on the terrace watching people out on the water and revelling in the warmth of the sun.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a very busy day. I had one of relaxation but tomorrow will be a work day.