Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 June 2021

Zoo Day.

Off again to the zoo which was something to cheer me up after a poor night due to the tooth. The morning was overcast which fine for me with a light shirt over my vest plus hat and sunscreen. It was as I sat in the car about to leave after a happy morning sweeping and weeding, that the first raindrop splattered down onto my windscreen. Since then it's been a wet and muggy afternoon. We could do with a good thunderstorm to clear the air.
The two peacocks roam free around the zoo and are the main culprits in leaving a mess on the path.
Very muddy woolly pigs, a rare bread from Hungary.
Walking past the rheas earlier I was surprised to see an egg, giant sized, on the floor of their run. This has been put in there to encourage the female to lay her own eggs. Maybe their treat of stinging nettles will help.

Yesterday's sunset- I'm not the only one fascinated by the sunsets. As often happens the neighbours about 12 of them, gathered on the cliff to watch the sun go down. The sea was flat calm and a group of kayakers went out to watch the sunset sitting in the reflection. It was pretty rather than spectacular but to top it off the dolphins turned up right under the cliffs. I only got a couple of glimpses but from the Ooos coming from the people on the cliff they had a better view.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh the peacock is beautiful!!