Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 June 2022

Some Showers.

A more typical British summer's day today. Mainly dry but not too warm with the occasional shower. In the afternoon there was a yellow weather warning for succesive thunderstorms over Snowdonia and a friend who lives further up the coast reported heavy rain. I heard the distant rumble of thunder but assumed it was a big vehicle.
Here it was dry enough for me to spend most of the day outside. I had to rush and remove the washing from the line when the first rain fell but it was soon over. Jobs done outside today included emptying out more of the big troughs ready for relocating by the street wall. They were filled with good compost plus a lot of polystyrene packaging beans which had been added as a filler. That's not a bad idea but a nuisance when you want to pick all the bits out. I also rescued half a bucketful of tiny Spring star flower bulbs and found some iris rhizomes which are now planted out in the front garden. I finished off by washing and moving more of the pebbles.
That's not a shark or a deceased dolphin following the inflatable canoe, at least I hope not.
More pretty sea colours.
Despite the need for the adults to wrap up there were plenty of families out enjoying the beach.
A blue tit visiting the hedge.
 

No comments: