Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Job Done.

In the morning the sky was filled with grey clouds but thankfully the strong wind was blowing them inland. The rain held off and by afternoon the sun was shining brightly.
Hoping that it would stay dry, after breakfast I went straight out to give the garage door a second coat of that lovely bright blue.
 
Using a paint kettle kept the drips to a minimum and this is the result. While Peter was in town I took the opportunity to clean up the drive. Over the years various builders had used that space as a work area and there were a number of small blobs of cement and some white stuff on the rather nice tiles. I know that the car is usually there and it is just a drive but why not have it looking at its best for the times when there isn't a car there?

Afterwards I did a bit more towards the garage tidying, a last wall mirror is out in the garden and a few other things moved around. 
I finished off with some genteel deadheading in the front garden and then sat outside enjoying the sun and considering some changes in the garden now that I see the result of a long hot summer. 
I will be off to choir tonight so I'd better practise some song parts which came by email.

1 comment:

HappyK said...

I LIKE the blue doors!!