After a wet night a sleeping dragon was sending its breath up between the hills. The day itself has been warm and very sunny, right up to the point when I arrived home from my walk. Just as I was about to enjoy the sun on the terrace along came a cloudbank that kept the sun firmly hidden from view.
Today's walk was around Glaspwll, a peaceful valley just off the main road before you get to Mach. This week I drove and gave a lift to two of my fellow walkers who also live in Borth. It makes sense for us to lift share especially when like today there is limited parking.
Our route took us through overgrown woodland paths, across open fields and along forestry tracks and narrow lanes.
Most of the time we walked through the Garthgwynion estate. I've not been able to find out much apart from the fact that the estate was established in 1911 by the founder of Owen-Owen department stores in Liverpool. The main house looks like the setting for an Agatha Christie novel.
The track to the house is lined by some impressively tall yew? trees.
Lunch was eaten sitting on a pile of cut tree trunks in the warm sunshine.
We ended at the bee research project where I bought five jars of honey including the ivy honey which came highly recommended and a new honey, rowan and hawthorn. Some are for Christmas presents and a friend asked me to get her a jar if ever I was going that way. Whilst at £5 a jar it's more expensive than mass produced honey a lot of which is from bees exclusively fed on sugar it's still much cheaper than the equivalent 'real' honey from the shops.
No comments:
Post a Comment