Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday, 9 October 2026

Mostly Wet.

The day began warm and wet then became warm and windy, right up until I was hanging the washing out on the line when a series of short but intense showers began.
Today I was back riding Betsi. I do prefer her to Cody especially as I can ride with a lighter contact through the reins. We had a fun lesson as Chloe (now 8 months pregnant) set up some cones and we were free to were free to canter half circles (no more than two people at a time). 
 
Afterwards I took more bags of garden waste to the dump and then went into Toolstation to see if they had the piece I needed to repair the downpipe. I think there must have been some windy weather while we were away as not only had the piece fallen off but it was nowhere to be seen. No doubt it blew right over the cliff.
Toolstation had the part and suggested sealant, which I ended up getting all over my hands. As soon as I got home I replaced the part and pushed the whole drainpipe upwards as I must have dislodged it when I was sorting out the end that goes into the drain in the ground.
I was on a roll and was going to connect the last water butt in the back garden but the connecting hose I'd bought was too big. I've ordered the correct hose and will deal with that when it arrives.
As usual I went into Hahav and bought this large glass sphere for £4 to add to my cobalt collection. I also asked if they wanted our landline phone which can't be used with the fibre connection. At first the chap said no but one of his colleagues said she had a use for one so I'll take it in next week. Much better than throwing away a perfectly functioning item.

To cheer up this rather wet day here are some photos from my walk on the coast path at St Ives.

A short stroll from St Ives brought me to Man's Head a very distinctive rock formation overlooking Porthmeor.
From there I followed the coast path with a few steep slopes, around some coves to the next headland.

I could have gone further, maybe next time or perhaps we could bring pasties to eat as we enjoy the scenery and the grandeur of the Atlantic.
And then back along the coast path to St Ives.

No comments: