Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Pretty Hens.

Back down to Braunton this evening for a walk on the marshes while Romas had his drum lesson. I parked further up the road today to give me more time to look for the swan. Looking along the waterway I spotted a solitary waterlily. The water lilies on the pond at home hardly ever produce any flowers, I think that the pond isn't deep enough for them.
I found the swan and her cygnet but I couldn't persuade her to swim down the waterway towards me. As I was throwing bread to the hens their owner and his 2 sons turned up to see to the hens. he told me that this is the first time in 4 years that even 1 cygnet has survived the foxes. They then invited me to walk in their field to get some pictures from a different angle.

The swan spent most of her time in this overgrown section of the waterway so I didn't get any clear pictures but it was a different perspective.


The boys invited me to come and see their hens by the stable so off I went to talk hens with this friendly family. They had a mixed little flock including these 2, 12 week old something Blues.









There was also one little silkie, I used to have several of these bought in a mixed lot at Hatherleigh market. They are such funny creatures.
As the road was quite narrow I decided to follow it through the marsh out to the main road. It really is beautiful out there. I had to stop and take a few more pictures even though I was a bit late collecting Romas.


This evening I've got yet more photos to stick in the reports we give to the parents. I tallied up how many photos I need to stick in the reports and it comes to a staggering 570 photos to be taken, printed, cut out and stuck in the reports. Rather excessive !
The tablets I took last night were really powerful. I was totally woozy all evening and taking a second lot before I went to bed sent me straight to sleep though I did wake with a bit of a muzzy head. I checked the dosage in the morning and there is 4x the amount of codine phosphate in these compared to the co-codamol you can buy at the pharmacy. I'll just take 2 tonight.

3 comments:

Julie said...

wow, that is a lot of pictures to put into reports... I hope it goes faster than it seems!

Will you get to see your doctor soon? Hope so!

Domestic Executive said...

That close of up of the swan is wonderful. I can't bare to think of all that work you are doing when you're feeling under the weather. I know there is a touch of mutual sick support between us but really do take care.

Sarah Lee said...

I love the poppy photograph and all of the others.

So sorry to hear that you're not well, especially with all the work you have on your plate at the moment.

Really wish I could zip over and make you a cup of something strong!