Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 August 2009

A Few Bargains.

It's been overcast today but with not too much rain and it has been quite warm. I took a chance on the car boot sale as the weather will probably get worse as we head into autumn. Before the sale I went to the local posh garden centre to spend some vouchers that I had been given. It is the type of garden centre that has fewer plants and more extras, (though they don't sell lawnmowers or parts as I once discovered). As we're not planning on staying here long term I wasn't looking for plants and instead I bought some solar powered garden lights. They have a glass globe on a stake and the light inside changes colour. I'm waiting until dark to get the full effect. More magical than tacky I hope. Once I got to the sale it was not as big as usual but not bad. My main objective was to find some kitchen ware for Romas to take to uni. (My Le Creuset is too good to be incinerated/lost). I found a set of 3 saucepans, almost new, for the princely sum of £1 which were ideal. Next to the saucepans was a stainless steel lid. Apparently someone had bought the saucepan but didn't want the lid. Later I found a medium sized stainless steel deep frying pan sans lid which I bargained down to £1. I then retraced my original saucepan ladies and asked them about the lid just in case it fitted. They'd actually put it in the back of their car but it was a perfect fit! They didn't even want any money for it, how good is that. Romas' campus accommodation is fully furnished (so I should think for £100 per week), he just has to bring his own bed linen and kitchen utensils. Last night we were watching tv in the kitchen and Patch decided to sneak along the mantelpiece. He did this once at Christmas and knocked down every single Christmas card that was up there.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Patch looks right at home there! :-)