Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 September 2009

A Bloom Of Butterflies.

We had some sunshine today and the butterflies were out in swarms frantically stocking up on nectar. Although I spent most of the day doing school work, (and some housework including cooking lunch and washing my car), I managed to do some of it outside in the garden. Behind me the lavender was covered in bees, butterflies don't seem to go for lavender but this one must have been extra hungry.
Up at the scree garden it looked like a butterfly house there were so many of them feeding on the sedum plants. The pink one is the most popular at the moment.

Earlier Peter and I had been standing down in the yard commenting on how wonderful it was to be able to take a break from our studies in such lovely surroundings. Suddenly, flying no more than 3ft from the ground a sparrow hawk flew down the drive, whizzed past us as we stood by the step, did a sharp turn and disappeared down the stream towards the lake. Last time I looked there were 2 of the call ducks left and they now actually swim on the lake. I've one more school job to do and then I plan to have a couple of hours chilling out before facing another week.

No comments: