Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 June 2010

Oh the joys of full -time teaching. It has been another beautiful day but I've had to spend at least 4 hours with my eyes glued to a pc screen doing my school planning for next week. Yesterday I tried working on the lap top outside but whichever way I sat I couldn't see the screen properly and I kept losing track of the cursor. And I was having to navigate around Windows 7 instead of my old familiar Windows 2003. I don't take too kindly to change. A purple leaved hardy geranium in the scree garden.
I was out in the garden until mid afternoon, mainly weeding and hanging up load after load of washing as mysteriously the laundry basket which I had emptied yesterday had filled itself back up. I was trying to avoid the football but couldn't help coming inside to watch the second half of the England match, until the Germans scored their 4th goal. Much despondency in the house.
The evening sun was casting dappled shadows over the garden.

On the house wall the honeysuckle is starting to flower. We now have a proper flowering progression on the walls. First the wisteria followed by the roses and finally the honeysuckle. The roses do continue to flower through the summer but not in such profusion. off for an early night watching anything but football, probably Glastonbury again though I won't stay up so late as last night.

3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Your garden is really stunning - can't wait for ours to spring back into life. That's if it doesn't die from over watering.

Elora said...

Ruta!

Also your photos of your entry way the day before were sooo beautiful! All your hard work is paying off! Those laptop screens do frustrate, though! You'll have to build yourself a "teacher-retreat sunny (glass-enclosed)porch, where you can be inside, surrounded by the labors of your love outside! Or maybe a shady nook of some kind, complete with picnic table (shaded so your can see your computer). But then, with all that beauty....you might ignore the demands of lesson-planning altogether!

Elora

Catching the Magic said...

I'm forever amazed at the different angles you capture when photographing your garden - there's always something new to see - I just wish, for your sake, that laptops were easier to view out in the sunshine! x

Have a good week :)