Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 February 2011

Sun !

The sun was shinning today making even this bunch of fading tulips look special. The wind was blowing strongly and it would have been a good day for a walk. Unfortunately Peter had to take his car into the garage so we'll keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow.On the weekends I like to start the day at my PC to see what's happening in the world. I looked up to see this pheasant peering in at the window checking me out ! By the time I got my camera he had moved away but soon he was back,

this time checking out what was in the conservatory. ( A mess as usual.)

I couldn't stay in on a day like today so I wrapped up against the wind and did some garden work. The other day when I'd been out on the cliffs my wrap around sunglasses had been great at keeping the wind out of my eyes but were a little too dark for the conditions. A quick browse on eBay and I now have some very similar in shape but clear safety specs which do the job brilliantly. First job of the day was to rake up the drive after all yesterday's rain and then I was able to take things easy picking out leaves and moss from the stones in the scree garden. It's not hard work but even kneeling down eventually my back seizes up. I also baked a chestnut cake making up my own recipe with a tin of chestnut puree that was sitting in the cupboard. It came out quite well though a cream cheese topping would have finished it off perfectly. Peter is crashing about in the kitchen making some steak and kidney pies (how do I tell him I don't really like steak and kidney let alone pie, which is why we have no pie dishes let alone a pie funnel.)

No comments: