Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Some Showers.

I had a busy morning before heading into school for my first afternoon back since my operation. While I have enjoyed the tranquillity of home it was nice to meet up with my colleagues once more.
The first job of the day was to wash my car. It had got so muddy it resembled a farm tractor. I don't really mind what the car looks like but all that mud kept catching on my clothes as I got in and out of the car. Car washed I then got on with the tool sorting. Today I had the satisfying job of labelling boxes and putting them away in the cupboard under the stairs. There's still a lot to go but the end is in sight. I took a break and as I saw that Vytas was on-line I made my first attempt at a Skype call. When we got connected Vytas didn't have his web cam and for some reason the microphone on my pc wasn't working. (I had tested it when I first set up Skype.) I didn't know about texting messages (I do now) so we worked with a combination of Vytas talking to me and me nodding and writing on a piece of paper which I held up to the camera. I managed to switch to the microphone on the web cam so at least we were able to have a conversation. He and Sally have found a house to rent and should be moving in in a couple of days. Right now they are concentrating of finding jobs.
Going in to work this afternoon I was struck by the warmth in the classrooms. A bit of a change from this chilly house. We have students from the local college helping in the classrooms and the 2 I had kept complaining how cold it was because I had opened 2 windows to cool down the whiteboard projector which was overheating. I was still feeling hot with just a vest on while they were wearing several layers. Our afternoon was spent talking about Remembrance Day so for PE I drilled them like soldiers. They got into terrible arguments when I split them into groups of 5 and let them take turns at drilling each other.
A lone daisy on my leaf strewn lawn.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta, Happy to hear you were able to connect with Vytas. I hope you will continue to share his adventure with your blog world. Glad you are back to school and continue to win at the sorting.