Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 September 2013

Windy.

There was just time for Sam to explain the rules of Saga wargaming (does that mean it's for old people?) to Peter so they could have a game this morning. But guess who had to clear away the table? Then it was time for Sam and Kate to take Alex to the station and we were back on our own again after a most pleasant visit. It was dry so I put the first load of sheets in the machine before we headed out for a walk. But we didn't get very far. The slight wobble I had noticed yesterday turned out to be a very flat tyre. It took until we had gone right up our rough drive before I realised it and then I had to try and reverse back. Unfortunately I messed up the tight turn and got the micra stuck between a stone wall and some concrete blocks. There were a few stressful minutes until I dragged the micra back up a bit and then was able to slide down to the flat yard where I changed the tyre. My spare tyre is also pre-owned so tomorrow I'll go and buy a new tyre and have it fitted. That way the pre-owned tyre is just for emergencies.
It was good to finally make it out to the coast  and walk away the stress. We went in Peter's Rav instead as now I don't have a spare tyre. 
The sea was pretty rough so we only saw one seal.
As always it was relaxing to sit watching and listening to the waves.
Back home I finally got around to finishing off my planning. I've had 6 weeks to plan my DT/geography lessons for the Year 2 classes and there I was putting the final touches the night before I need to show them to the class teachers. At least that is the whole term sorted for those 2 classes. The first set of sheets have been ironed and we'll watch some tv before getting an early night.

No comments: