Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Overcast.

A grey day but not too cold. I didn't get to work in the garden because I have spent the whole day waiting for a delivery of bricks and stuff for the work on the chimney. Really I stayed indoors within earshot of the house phone in case the delivery people phoned after getting lost, which always happens if they use a sat-nav. The oil man came and filled up out tank while I kept an eye out in case the delivery truck came. I thought that the oil tanker and a lorry in the front yard would be a bit of a logistical problem. By 2.00 I had heard nothing so I rang the builders' merchants. Apparently the driver was on his lunch break but would be delivering the goods in the afternoon. By 4.45 I rang once more but the office hadn't heard anything. 30 mins later they rang back and said the driver couldn't find the address and hadn't had a phone signal so he had returned to town. I gave some directions and they have promised to deliver first thing tomorrow morning. 
I have kept myself occupied by going through all of this year's photos and making a photo book of the garden and the surrounding area choosing pictures for each month. It was fun to do and I know I will enjoy having a book of glossy photos to remind myself how the garden looked through the year. It was a special offer though by the time I  had paid for glossy paper and the postage it doubled in price. 
Romas rang in the afternoon and it was good to hear his voice. I spoke to Vytas yesterday on Skype, (with the camera not working from my end ) so my cup runneth over.


No comments: