Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 June 2014

Sunny.

Lots of blue skies all day with wispy cirrus clouds though when I drove in to work I could see a cloudy weather front maybe 40/50 miles away so not everyone had sun. The wind has changed to blowing down from the north again and I was quite glad I had a bodywarmer on over my shorts and vest when I went for my walk up the hill. I don't mind too much if my legs and arms are cold as long as my back is warm. The young swallows were out practicing their flying skills over the ponies' fields. They are not yet as graceful as their parents and have the occasional rest on the fence. They are easy to distinguish as they don't have such long tail feathers as the adults.
Once I had done my jobs and had a walk there was still enough time after washing my hair to do  a bit of gardening. I got out the strimmer and tidied up the long grass around the bushes at the top of the hill side.  My gardening outfit would not have won any fashion prizes. From the ground up I had on big black wellies, baggy running shorts 4 sizes too big for me and a skimpy bikini top. To accessorise I had on orange gardening gloves, a red watch and a blue headband to keep my drying hair out of my eyes. All practical but not glamorous.
At school everyone was feeling quite stressed as it was shuffle up afternoon when all the children spend the afternoon in the class they will be in after the holidays. Only one teacher will be teaching the same year group in the same classroom so organising things was quite complicated not to mention 60 very small children spending their first afternoon at school! I was fine as I knew the children I was working with (their new teacher isn't with us yet). Only one hiccup, the teacher whose room we were in really likes things to be kept neat and tidy so we made sure things were tidy. But then I turned around and one child, who has understanding difficulties, had glued his work to the middle of the interactive whiteboard - Yikes! Luckily the glue washed off with a paper towel and water.
After work I drove across town and did a big shop at Lidl's and Tesco's before driving home in the sun. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

That must have been some outfit you had on. : )
Is the second picture hens and chicks? I've never seen such flowers on them before. Mine never get any.

Harriet said...

Do you call the first photo flowers...Hens and Chicks? Would love to have see your outfit...nothing like being practical. I, too, often look like an assembly of wrong parts when gardening.

Ruta M. said...

We call those Houseleeks a name which covers a number of varieties of Sempervivum which can also be known as hens and chickens. They need to be several years old before they flower, mine have been there for well over 10 years.