Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 December 2014

Grey.

Still very grey but mainly dry and not too cold. This morning I met up with my friends at the garden centre for coffee and a chat. Only 5 of us this time but Claire brought her twins who are now walking. We settled ourselves on sofas around a coffee table and popped the twins in high chairs so they could see what was going on without having to be held. 
This year I had a go at using glass paints to decorate a couple of jars and gave these to some of my friends as token Christmas presents.  
And here are this year's hand-made cards with stone sheep grazing under the Christmas Star. I always enjoy meeting up with my friends as even if I see them in school break times are limited and everyone is usually very busy. Afterwards I had a look around all the decorations and gifts in the garden centre some of which were half price. I couldn't resist buying some more decorations for my non-existent tree. That's right, there's no tree up yet. I like a real tree and always had one when the boys were home. This year I would like to have some sort of tree but I don't feel like paying too much for something that will be here for less than 2 weeks. I looked at the trees in the garden centre, they had plenty of the blue bushy type but the prices! £59 for a 5ft tree and £10 more for each extra foot. Do people really pay £90 for a tree? Later I dropped into BJ's which had the same trees all at £28. A better price but I don't want to pay that much either. I cheekily offered the chap £10 and he said come back on Christmas Eve. I might well do that. Otherwise I shall cut branches from the leylandii which are not only free but don't have needles to drop.
On my return home I took up the rubbish to the road and drove over to the stables with a card and a small present for Jack. I found Sarah in the big indoor stable where I relished the horsey smells while we had a bit of a chat. I finished off my working day by making another batch of biscuits, chocolate ones with white chocolate drizzled over them and made some more koldunai for the freezer.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The jars are lovely and make great little gifts.
Wow that is a lot for a Christmas tree. The fake ones cost a lot here.
The real tree that we bought was $25. Not sure what the exchange rate is.

Is the BJ's you speak of the same as the ones over here? A big warehouse store.