Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 April 2015

All Cleared Out.

The clouds have been right down to ground level, or at least our hill-top ground level, all day making for a rather gloomy day.
I took this photos at mid-day on my way back from a visit to the nurse at the health centre. This was to have my ears syringed out. I have been irritated by ringing in the ears especially late at night and first thing in the morning, for well over a year but other health issues took priority until now. I  had been conscientiously putting olive oil in my ears for the last week and was ready to have a good clean out. One ear was clear anyway but a long cylinder of wax was washed out of the other. Afterwards that ear felt rather drafty! Although I still have a quieter high pitched ringing in my ears I'm hoping that the other more annoying ringing doesn't appear.
The persistent clouds made it too wet to do any pressure washing (don't want to get water in the extension cable), so instead I did yet more paperwork and tidying up followed by some small sewing jobs that I had been putting to one side. Then as I still had half the hair chemicals left I donned a bin bag and carried on lightening up the ends of my hair.  It's definitely lighter but not too extreme. All for less than £2 (reduced at Tesco's). That will do me for another year.
I've just discovered that smiling makes my face all wrinkly. What a dilemma, should I look fierce or old in photos, I think it's time to embrace the laughter lines. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love foggy pictures. Smile away. We have earned those lines. : )
Thank you so much for the prayers for my mom. It means a lot. She's had a good day today. We are planning on heading back home on Saturday which is a 10 hour drive.