Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 October 2016

Grey.

It's been warm, grey and sort of damp today though my day was brightened up by a long phone chat with Romas.
Now that the viewing is over I went out and cut back the last of the sedums around the garden. Birds were singing and from the top of the valley I could hear a cockerel crowing. 
The autumn foliage in shades of red and gold is providing the main source of colour in the garden. However there are at least 20 different flowers still in bloom and while most are coming to the end of their season the winter flowering jasmine and heathers are just beginning to flower. There is always something to look forward to in the garden, as well as the constant weeding which is not such a pleasant prospect. 

No comments: